The India DPDPA is now a reality
Get Compliant with Arrka
Check your DPDPA Readiness!
Take the Free Assessment Today.
- Been equipping and empowering organizations to implement & operationalize Privacy compliance for a decade.
- ‘Cut our teeth’ on GDPR – enabling over a 100 clients in India alone
- The Arrka Privacy Management Platform (APMP) – first and only end-to-end Privacy Management Platform proudly Made-in-India, servicing the world
- We do ONLY Data Privacy. Focused. Niche. Highly Specialised
Take the Arrka Privacy Assessement
Check Your DPDPA Readiness
The DPDPA: Primer for Organizations
The DPDPA Implementation Ready Reckoner
Trusted Partners for
Our clients talk for us
India DPDPA compliance is simplified.
FAQs on India DPDPA compliance
– DPDPA is applicable to your organization if:
o You interact with individuals who reside in India for your products & services
o You don’t necessarily ‘sell’ to residents in India but target and profile them online for your business
o You have employees based in India.
– DPDPA is also applicable to your organization if:
o Yours is a B2B business where your clients are organizations who operate in India, and they share the personal data of Indian residents with you.
– Your policy needs to be translated into reality.
o For e.g., when you state in your policy that you use the Personal Data you collect only for a list of, say, 5 purposes, then you need to ensure that you put the right processes and controls in place to ensure that actually happens in reality. Further, you need to monitor these to ensure they actually work.
– Similarly, you may have a documented process for catering to an incoming Rights request from a Data Principals. This has to be operationalized so that when someone actually exercises their rights with you, you are geared up for it.
o For e.g., someone may ask you to erase her data with you. For this, you need to know all the places where her data is located – within your organization as well as with any vendors or partners. You need to have a mechanism to authenticate the request – to ensure it is not a fraudulent request. You need to have people in your organization trained to track and respond to such requests. And several such other steps.
– All of this – and more – can be deployed and managed easily and effectively with Arrka’s solution.
– We at Arrka have done all the hard work on your behalf – so you don’t need to spend time understanding what DPDPA is all about. All of this is baked into the platform via our Frameworks and libraries.
– Further, we have a team of consultants who will handhold you through the whole process to get you going. And if you need help for day-to-day management of your DPDPB program, then the Arrka team can take that on as well. In short, we work as your extended DPDPDB Compliance team.
– Yes, Arrka’s platform is designed to equip you to take care of both your privacy as well as security compliance and governance needs.
– Yes, Arrka can do both in tandem
– The Arrka platform is designed to help you do ‘simultaneous compliance’. Which means you can comply with all the applicable Data Privacy & Security Laws & Standards simultaneously, in one go. Further, you can add on any new law or standard anytime without having to go back to the starting point.
– This is great news. The Arrka platform perfectly synchronizes with the work done by your legal counsel and operationalizes all that the legal team does.
– Not at all! Your data continues to remain exactly where it is. The Arrka platform only helps you manage the compliance end-to-end, for which we do not need access to the actual data at any point in time.
– No. Nothing is required to be installed or deployed on your servers
– Yes, Arrka has a pool of Privacy Experts who can step in to help you with any queries you have or any assistance you may need.