PRIVACY FOR MARKETERS- 101
Data Privacy is changing the very foundation of Digital Marketing today.
What we have thus far taken for granted – availability of detailed tracking & behavioural profiling of Target Audiences leading to personalisation of content or advertising messages – is rapidly eroding.
Consumers are becoming aware and, therefore, demanding. Privacy & Data Protection Laws are getting stringent. India is close to passing its own law. The cacophony around protection of Privacy as a human right amidst the data explosion has escalated. So Adtech & Martech, as we know it today, is set to change with fundamental models being questioned and disrupted.
So what does the hapless marketer do in this scenario? How does she make sense of what is really going on and what she needs to do as a result?
To help address this and equip marketers to deal with this strategically, two senior industry experts – Shivangi Nadkarni, Co-Founder & CEO, Arrka, and Ajay Kelkar, Co-Founder, Hansa Cequity & ex CMO, HDFC bank, have partnered to bring you a specially designed course on June 2nd 2020.
Privacy is a vast subject. This course is a Level 1 Course that covers the following:
- Context: the changing way that consumers view their data and privacy
- The growth of data
- How do consumers view their data and privacy?
- How might organisations build trust given this context?
- Understanding Personal Data
- Basic Concepts of Data Privacy
- Privacy Principles, Rights, Organisational Obligations
- An Overview of Key Privacy Laws
- GDPR, India’s upcoming PDPA (Personal Data Protection Act)
- Implications for Marketing: The heart of modern marketing is based on data activation & personalization. We will understand the implications of customer privacy in the context of deep personalization & data-based marketing
- Implications for Advertising: Advertising is old, dates back to the 16th & 17th centuries. In recent years technology has completely transformed the way advertising is bought, sold & delivered. Much of digital advertising uses customers’ Personal Data, in the form of a personal profile, to decide which advertising is delivered to them. This is the area of Adtech & more specifically the programmatic advertising and real-time bidding. We will understand implications of privacy policies for this form of advertising.
- Tools & Techniques used for tracking & profiling
- Case Studies outlining specific situations that Marketers typically face
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
- Marketing folks who want to understand how Privacy impacts their consumers & marketing operations
- Analytics teams who want to understand implications of using analytics for personalization.
- Advertising/Digital agency & Marketing services business executives who need to help their clients navigate this complex landscape
- IT specialists who work closely with Marketing teams
- Data management experts who need to ensure their operational practices are fully compliant with the law
THE PEOPLE BEHIND THIS COURSE
Co-founder & CEO, Arrka:
Shivangi has over 25 years of experience in the fields of Technology, Information Risk & Data Privacy. After having worked with Sify & Wipro, Shivangi co-founded Arrka a decade ago. Arrka has been doing pioneering work in Data Privacy in India, having worked with many organizations in helping them implement their Privacy programs. Shivangi has authored the first text book in India for the Data Security Council of India (DSCI – a Nasscom Body) for their flagship DSCI Certified Privacy Professional (DCPP) certification. She is a regular speaker at various forums and a known faculty on various Privacy training programs.
Shivangi is a BE (Hons) EEE from BITS, Pilani and a PGDM from IIM, Calcutta. She is also a CISA, CIPT & DCPP.
Co-founder, Hansa Cequity & ex CMO, HDFC Bank:
Ajay Kelkar is a business leader with 29 years of experience in multinational companies and entrepreneurship. He started his career with P&G, India. After an extensive stint in the FMCG industry, he led marketing for Shoppers Stop and was a part of the retail management committee. Subsequently, he led marketing for HDFC bank as the CMO. At HDFC bank, he laid the foundations for a bank wide Analytics strategy that propelled the bank’s growth. Post that he co-founded a unique company called Hansa Cequity with the R K Swamy Hansa group, which today is India’s leading customer marketing agency. In this entrepreneurial journey, he evangelized the adoption of analytics across industries as diverse as Automotive, Retail & Banking amongst others.
Ajay is a member of CII’s national committee on Retail. He is also a member of Wiley’s Innovation & advisory council.